In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thing 6

I absolutely love the google reader. I ask myself why I never take the time to set these things up for myself. Why does it take this class to motivate me? I have had two feeds on my iPhone (the free version of the app only allows that many), but having so many more to choose from of different genres makes me feel like I am able to visit the library every day!

In the following post, I cracked up! This feed is a New York Times Personal Tech Q & A site. They address how to handle re-adding a friend on facebook after blocking them and then "making up". So that tells me one thing. Social networking has changed dramatically since the time before technology, but at the very core of human nature, we are still the same. We friend, we unfriend. We like, we dislike. We fall in love, we fall out of love and often, things are just "complicated". So, now we just have to learn how to have all of these relationships online and in public! As I ponder these thoughts further, I must admit that most of the reading I do is based on a level of curiosity about the lives of my friends and what is going on at any given moment.

I also came across some other valuable information. I work with all types of teachers. New, veteran, older, younger, all races, and retire/re-hires! After reading one post from this blog, I had to agree! There aren't any teachers running in front of the others. The use of technology in the classroom tends to be more based on the personality of the teacher rather than age! I am encouraged by this a-ha!

No comments: