In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thing 8-Stretch

My son has gotten very serious about skateboarding. He loves to read about it and study everything he can about famous skaters. So, when I read about the stretch activity, I decided to review information regarding the history of skateboarding. Folks, skateboarding does not interest me in the least! It takes EVERYTHING in me to seem interested when my son goes on and on. I love that he talks to me and so I wanted to make every effort to "be in the know" next time he starts talking. So, in review of the information, I see I have been listening. Developing my knowledge base will help me understand and interact with him on a more educational level. I even developed some questions to help keep the conversation going. The history and discussions were the fun part! Most of the posts seemed to be from kids-some haters, some skaters! They had some inappropriate language as well. That was an unexpected eye opener for me! I know anyone can add information, but it just hasn't crossed my mind that there may need to be more filtering systems for our family!

No comments: