In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing 19

There are so many different tools out there on the web, that I have learned to just type in my generic username and password and sometimes, it just lets me in! Apparently I have set up an account for voice thread in the past. I love this tool. It is actually something I wanted to use more my first year as a facilitator, but as I was learning so much, I had forgotten about it! I am so excited to "rediscover" this tool.

This is a great tool for collaboration within our district. Teachers on different campuses studying the same topics can begin a voice thread and gather different perspectives from other schools. I think we tend to think more globally (as if that is a better way to collaborate), than locally. It is so much fun to use these tools and starting with what we know is usually the easiest. When we don't know where to begin, we don't begin at all! Many teachers know teachers on other campuses and this can jump start the usage of these tools.

So, voice thread is a great site to upload images, share ideas, thoughts, and provoke questions. There are several ways to share these thoughts-webcams, telephone, or microphones! The interface is extremely easy. The free account won't let you upload much, but I will check into creating an educator account for the future! How exciting!

No comments: