In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing 10

So I am going to be totally honest. When I first read the words Creative Commons, my mind went to Common Craft. So much so, that I just had to retype Creative Commons over the incorrect word. There is so much out there on the web to become familiar with, things 1, 3, 5, etc., can get confused with prior knowledge! Anyhow, Creative Commons is amazing. I have heard of it in the past, but have never used it. I didn't realize what it was either! So, to see these videos explaining the incredible sharing that we are capable of doing with copyrighted material, I am astounded. Opening Achziger Elementary, we were faced with several copyright issues dealing with iPods. The campus chose not to buy listening stations for the students as they have always done in the past. We discovered so may things that were NOT allowed. With CC, I will be able to assist the teachers with the creations of even more information that will be legal to use in the classroom. The plethora of files available can empower the teachers and students to create more work. Some teachers are so concerned about copyright, but uneducated. When I first saw the videos on fair use and CC, I realized we should be less fearful and more proactive. Then there are teachers who just don't care. I admit I have seen the type. It is so sad to disrespect the hard work of another person. Most people are willing to share, but it's people that don't care that cause things to be so "ruled" and policed to begin with. Yeah for CC!

1 comment:

Debnotes said...

We are all learning about new things that are available. As we become more digitally literate, we will be willing to utilize more of what it available.

You appear ready to help lead the way.