In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing 7b

I discovered online Art! I must have been last in line when God passed out art skills. When our abilities are limited, we tend to shy away from certain areas. I have always sensed a lacking in that area for myself. It was confirmed my first year of teaching when I tried to draw a ghost. One of the students yelled out, "that's not a ghost, that's a sheet". Yes, I drew a sheet ghost. You know what I'm talking about. My insecurities have carried over into my current position. I am not approached by many art teachers to assist with technology nor do I have any ideas. So when I scrolled over this blog, I was intrigued. There are 10 sites that allow you to implement art on the web in different ways!

The Art Pad records the picture to create a lapse time effect! I have always seen this on TV or videos and wanted to be able to do it! This is amazing!

Another site, Doink is fun. You can create flash style animations. We have a few drawing tools already on the images on the computers throughout the district, but there is so much more I need to learn to truly assist our art teachers with technology integration. At least there is always Promethean!

No comments: