In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thing 14

This "thing" should have taken a lot less time. Every time I sit down to do this activity, I find myself here way too long! I have literally been on thing 14 all week just because I have played with all of the tools. Some of them I had seen at conferences and used before, but the rest were so much fun, I found myself getting carried away. The site I am choosing to focus on tonight is Blabberize. I absolutely love to blabberize everyone! Let's start with the name. The site name is a verb! It tells me I will be doing something! I can bring animals to life, become someone famous, or use silly voices to tell stories. The endless possibilities make Blabberize a simple to use site educators can integrate in every subject area. The novelty of watching the creation of these videos reminds me of a Six Flags souvenir. It becomes a token the kids appreciate and talk about!

Blabberize has several social features as well. You can have friend requests in your account to connect you with other blabberizers! You can also share your videos by embedding them in web pages with the html code. The best part about sharing your videos is that you can export them directly to a bookmark, social networking site, e-mail, or even print. Check out the options:

No comments: