In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing 12




The slideshow contains the following photos from flickr:
1. US Capitol, jcolman
2. Ford Theatre, wallyg
3. Lincoln Memorial, Stuck in Customs
4. White House, wallyg

These are the places that we MUST see in DC when our family goes on vacation. There is so much to be said about our history and a great place to learn is in DC! Classrooms could spend the entire year on these landmarks and their history. The photos are amazing and the authors have several they share through Creative Commons. I have a personal photo of the pillow encased in the home where Abe Lincoln died across the street from the theatre. I showed that photo at school year after year and is has been misplaced. I found several on Flickr, but not one allowed me to use it! I was so disappointed. As silly as it seems, it is my greatest memory from the 8th grade!

No comments: