In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing 5: iPhone Update

On the way to the 21st Century Skills conference this morning, my colleagues were discussing the update on the iPhone. My life has been so upside down lately, I was unaware of the update! I don't live under a rock. I do know the new iPhone came out! Many of my friends are getting the new phones, but now I get an UPDATE! So I went to read some of my feeds for thing 5 and to my excitement, there is an entire article about my new update I am working on as I type! I love multi-tasking!

This great article, explains the features on the update. First of all, I can finally allow my children to add more apps. I have been out of pages for quite some time. We can do this by creating folders. The update allows up to 12 apps to be placed in folders. It will even name the folders based on the apps located inside of them! Another great feature is in regards to mail. I can now merge all of my accounts into one United Inbox. This feature will allow me to check all of the mail at one time instead of having to check each account! Another great feature is called multitasking. Funny, that is my middle name! I can open an app without closing another! This will come in handy when the kids are playing on the phone!

I love the reader for my RSS feeds. I really want to be more diligent in growing professionally with these features. There is so much I can learn in 15 minutes a day! I am considering teaching this as a staff development on my campuses next year! Any feedback on that is welcome!

One last thing about RSS feeds...have you ever seen a site with no RSS feed? To create one, all you have to do is go here,cut and paste the URL and click on "to RSS".

1 comment:

Lanell Dugan said...

Thank you for telling me about the iphone update. I went to the site you linked and read about the update. I have now installed it on my phone.

What is the 21st Century Skills conference? It sounds like it would fit in well with this course.