In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thing 16

What will they think of next? This thing takes me back to the Dewey decimal system! The links go on and on as you explore each page. I have to say that as I enjoy the ease and comfort of having all of the information of the world at my fingertips, the first glance intimidates me. There are so many sections on each page. Dewey is just what we know and expect. Library thing is what we need and desire. As a matter of fact, I desired it so much, I got an account. I am feeling like I am a part of so many different things these days with all of my accounts. Having this resource in the classroom could be an incredible way to keep up with your classroom books. When I left the classroom, I had a HUGE library of books in the classroom. They were categorized by level, color-coded with dots to identify the levels, and placed into specific organizational tubs. Gone would be those days! How wonderful the kids could treat their classroom as a personal library efficiently and find what they need! Another thought I have about utilizing this feature is that it would be amazing to see the kids setting up the library online! We as teachers already have so much to do and this would give them a sense of ownership of the classroom. They would be able to feel like the community of learners includes everyone!

No comments: