In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing 21

So I am blown away! I had no idea there was such a thing called Google Books! Wow! How awesome. There were several things I shared about on my laswt post that fell under this post section so I will avoid duplication by discovering the new tools I've never used.

Google Books. Enough said. There are several books out of copyright I could access at my fingertips! I think this could be a great tool for students. There is just something about reading online that motivates students more and more! This can be useful for students to critically evaluate books before going to the library. Often times, I have heard teachers ask about how to hold the student accountable for his/her learning. Choosing our own reading material is one of the BEST ways to do this!

Another new tool I discovered is Google Alerts. This reminds me of an RSS feed, but better. There recently was a current event in the news I was trying to follow. I went back every day to see if anything new was posted. I created an alert to get updates! This will be so nice to feel like I am not chasing the wind! Current events are so important to discuss in lots of classrooms-this tool will allow the students to become a part of the world and follow something all the way through!

I used Picasa this past year for the first time and fell in love. Here a couple of collages I made!



No comments: