In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Course in Summary

First and foremost, I thank the facilitators for the opportunity to explore and learn about these 23 things in a safe, self-paced environment. I felt like the expectations from myself would be higher because of my job description but that is the entire reason I took the class! I don't claim to know everything and there is no possible way I can know it all. They best thing I can do is to learn more! That is just what this course did for me. Having the RSS feeds I chose in my reader will help with keeping me educated on the latest and greatest. It seems by the time I hear about something new at a conference, other districts have tested, implemented, and required it of their teachers!

There are so many ways for me to continue this learning process. The number one "thing" I am excited about is being able to go back and review any of this online information at any time! What a gift from web 2.0! During this last month, I lost a very close friend. From the second week of class until Sunday (when we held her final memorial), I have been an emotional roller coaster. The time I worked on this course was a good distraction, but my time was limited. So, I didn't continue with the stretch activities in an effort to complete the course by the required date. I love exploring on the web. It's what I do! This class is here as a powerful reference for me to do just that!

Thank you again for the wonderful opportunity and the great experience I had with this class! Have a great rest of the summer folks!

1 comment:

lwdlbrn said...

Congrats on finishing! When you reflect on your Blog and see all the "Things" you have accomplished collectively, it is quite impressive! I look forward to working with you again in the future. Try and enjoy the rest of your summer!