In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing 9

Playing in the sandbox has a completely different meaning in 2010! However, the rules and outcomes are the same for the live sandbox of the early days and the web-based sandboxes of today. Play nicely. Collaborate with one another to build things inside of your sandbox. Then let's not forget to treat it as a learning space-a place of discovery! Those are a few things I experienced while playing in the Wiki sandbox.

Creating my page, I first followed the instructions given to me on the outline. I appreciated the clear, concise format we followed to create the sandbox. As a student, I want to meet the requirements of the activity, but as a person, I enjoyed sharing my personal data! ringing my own information into the sandbox allowed me to feel confident with already knowing part of the assignment. I felt less intimidated by the activity.

The most difficult item for me to complete was the question for the universe! I had to stop working on it and go back later. Sometimes you are mentally prepared for things and sometimes you're not! The day I began the activity, I was stumped. When I went back to it today, it was like the question has been there inside of me all along. Visit my sandbox to read it!

No comments: