In honor of all the summer haircuts....

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing 11


Hoping to head to Washington DC in a few years with the family, I decided to search Flikr for some choice photos. Traveling through Flikr, I decided to set up an account. I actually thought I already had one, but was unable to locate it! It really doesn't matter because I obviously haven't used it! So, the photo taken by wallyg, is a great viewpoint of a national landmark! There are so many in DC, and this is one honors one of my favorites in history!

Navigating through Flikr honestly feels a tad overwhelming to the beginner. Each photo I viewed had to be evaluated for it's allowances. However, after digging around a while (much longer than I anticipated), I discovered where to look and how to navigate within my account much easier. I am not sure why my family and I have not been sharing photos through Flikr and I honestly am second guessing my Mobile Me account. Hmmm. In the classroom this is an incredible thing for students. Since I haven't been utilizing any of these products within our network at school, however, I am wondering if it's blocked! Through reading different things teachers are using this site for, I see amazing opportunities such as math-Exponential Functions! These students out there blow me away! Even the ideas for writing prompts, digital storytelling, and presentations seem simple, but with a compounded resource the goal seems more attainable!

No comments: